Major General (Retired) Chris Cortez served in the United States Marine Corps for 33 years. As an Infantry officer, he led Marines at every level, from platoon to division. After leaving the military, Chris took on a new mission at Microsoft and has committed himself to supporting Veterans that are interested in moving into the tech industry. Through the Microsoft Software & Systems Academy, Veterans are getting incredible training and certifications that put them on the path to jobs, not only at Microsoft, but with companies across the tech sector.
In this conversation, we talk with Maj. Gen. (Ret) Cortez about:
• His transition from the military and how he found his new mission.
• Why Veterans are great employees for the tech sector.
• The power of the Old Glory Relay and how it brings communities together.
• How Veterans can get training that leads to high-paying job.
• Why Microsoft is “all-in” on supporting Team RWB.