2020 Eagle Leadership Development Program Fellowship
The Eagle Leadership Development Program (ELDP) Fellowship is a 12-month experience focused on increasing the quantity and quality of veteran engagement at both the local level and throughout the country.
The Fellowship is designed to develop community leaders in the veteran space who will utilize their skills and abilities, within their region and home Chapter, to meet the growing needs of veterans, using evidence-based health & wellness practices to bring enrichment (health, people, purpose) to veterans’ lives.
Duration: The 2020 Fellowship will begin January 1st, 2020 and will end December 31st, 2020.
Notification: Applicants will be notified by Regional Directors by Tuesday, December 3rd.
- Ability to work in a rapidly-changing environment with multiple stakeholders, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment, ability, availability, positivity, and motivation to succeed with Leadership Challenges
- Leadership experience and activity inside and outside of Team RWB
- Willingness to live and breathe our Eagle Ethos
- Demonstrated passion for service to country and the veteran population
- Fellows are expected to commit to 10+ hours per week of effort
- Fellows are expected to remain a volunteer Eagle Leader for 2 years post Fellowship
- Fellows are expected to maintain schedule flexibility (staff meetings, travel for conferences, experiences, education)
- Quarterly Brief Out to Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Collaborate with strategic partners, Staff, and volunteer Eagle Leaders.
- Attend monthly Fellow cohort video conference (as determined by cohort)
- Complete engagement, outreach, and business-specific projects
- Attend regional staff meetings, as determined by Mentor, and Chief Operations Officer
- Complete surveys and provide feedback to support evidence-based programs
- Attend Fellow Convenings in Washington, D.C.
- Attend a variety of prescribed conferences, training, and webinars to support Fellowship Cohort Leadership Challenges (Combination of in-person & virtual, Dates are TBD)
- Attend Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST, Dates are TBD)
- Attend and support an Eagle Leader Experiences (ELE, Dates are TBD)
- Attend & support National Events (Examples: Virtual Events, Eagle NamasDay, Epic Eagle Challenge, Run As One, 1776 Challenge, Marine Corps Marathon, WOD for Warriors)
- Plan and attend elective education experience
- Challenge yourself in leadership (70%), mentorship (20%), and education & experiences (10%)
- $8,500 value of curated (determined by Team RWB) leadership challenges, education, experiences, travel, technology access, staff mentorship, and connection to thought-partners.
- $750 of elective education (as agreed upon with mentor) that must support objective to increase the quantity and quality of veteran engagement at both the local level and throughout the country as aligned with 2020 Fellowship Leadership Challenges and yearly organizational goals.
- $750 of elective experiences (as agreed upon with mentor) that must support objective to increase the quantity and quality of veteran engagement at both the local level and throughout the country as aligned with 2020 Fellowship Leadership
- Technology (1-year access, license), including Asana (Project Management), Salesforce (constituent relationship management, CRM), LinkedIn Premium