9 Ways to Volunteer on Martin Luther King’s National Day of Service
Each year much of the country enjoys a day off for Martin Luther King Day (MLK Day), celebrating Dr. King’s life and legacy, but for many MLK Day is actually a day “on.” It is a day to serve the community and unite as a nation for one day of volunteerism.
The MLK Day of Service asks local communities to participate in service projects and volunteer their time to worthy causes. Eagle Nation prides itself on volunteerism, and Team Red, White and Blue (Team RWB) chapters across the country will be serving their communities on Monday, January 18, 2021.
Here are a few ways to participate in the MLK Day of Service:
1. Volunteer with your local Team Red, White and Blue chapter.
2. Assemble and send care packages and thank you cards for the troops stationed overseas.
3. Prepare and deliver meals to homeless and homebound veterans.
4. Collect hygiene supplies for homeless shelters and senior centers.
5. Contribute non-perishable foods to a local food pantry.
6. Organize a community clean up event.
7. Host an online fundraiser for Team RWB.
8. Find a volunteer opportunity through our friends at Starbucks Community Service.
9. Give back to veterans by volunteering at Wounded Warrior Project.
* Be sure to check and comply with your local COVID restrictions before participating in any in-person service events.