Army Ten-Miler Weekend Guide
Team RWB Southeast is excited to welcome Eagles and their guests to Washington, D.C. for the Annual Army Ten-Miler!
Starting and finishing at the Pentagon, the Army Ten-Miler takes runners past some of the most historic sites in our Nation’s Capital, including the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Kennedy Center, with plenty of views of the Potomac River. If you’ll be in town for the race, Team RWB has got you covered!
FRIDAY & SATURDAY EXPO
The Expo is being held Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12 at the DC Armory located at 2001 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, D.C. Enjoy booths and vendors as well as pick up your race packet. For more information click here.
SATURDAY TEAM RWB AND AAFMAA DINNER
Join Team RWB and AAFMAA for a pre-race pasta dinner (gluten-free and vegetarian options are available) at the Crystal Gateway Marriott on Saturday October 12, from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Click here for pasta dinner tickets.
AAFMAA is generously sponsoring Team RWB with space at the Army Ten-Miler Expo and HOOAH Tent Zone. They are the premier provider of military life insurance, financial and survivor services to the American Armed Forces Community. To learn more, visit aafmaa.com.
SUNDAY – RACE DAY TIMELINE
Race day can seem like a whirlwind. Here’s what you can expect:
- 6:20am – 7:30am Wheelchair Athletes, Wounded Warriors and Waves 1-5 runner corral access opens (runners only)
- 7:15am Our Team will gather at the Garment/ Check area (Pentagon Metro station lower bus terminal) near the fence/grass (Yes, that sounds a little nondescript) but just look for the sea of red & American flags!
- 7:20am Team photo and then we will head to the starting area
- 7:30am Waves 6-10 runner corral access opens (runners only)
- 7:50am Start for Wheelchair Athletes and Wounded Warriors
- 7:50am – 8:56am Runners waves begin
- 10:30am Individual awards ceremony
- 11:30am Team awards ceremony
- 3:00pm Individual and team runner results posted here.
For all of the Army Ten Miler race day details, click here.
RACE DAY CHEER SQUAD
Navigating DC can be difficult as a spectator. We’ve put together some of the best cheer spots for Eagles and a list of what to bring:
- Kennedy Center: Get a good look at the runners from this scenic location on Rock
- Creek Parkway: Get there by taking the Blue or Orange Metro Lines to the Foggy Bottom Metro station. IF driving, remember to check the Race Day Road Restrictions under travel.
- 14th & Independence: Gretchen will be hosting her Boot Camp Cheer Squad spreading her version of joy, laughter, and burpee motivation.
- Independence Avenue: There are many locations along this street to get a good view of the race. Afterward, go the National Mall or a museum for a great afternoon.
- Army Navy Drive/Before Mile 9: Runners at this point know they are nearing the finish line and are finding their second wind. Walk over to the South Lot of the Pentagon, hop on the Express Shuttle and go to the North Lot to enjoy the Post Race Festivities when you are finished spectating.
- Finish Line: Hang out by the Team RWB HOOAH tent, and walk over to cheer on the runners as they finish!
Be sure to wear your favorite Eagle gear and bring: signs to cheer our racers on, water, sunscreen, snacks and noise makers (horns, cowbells)!
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RACE AND/OR EVENTS?
Contact our Southeast Regional Director, Dustin Sanderson at [email protected].
Join in on the conversation using the social media information listed below.
- Facebook: TeamRWB, ArmyTenMiler
- Instagram: @teamrwb, @teamrwbsoutheast, @teamrwbdmv, @armytenmiler
- Twitter: @teamrwb, @armytenmileratm
- Hashtags: #ArmyTenMiler, #EagleFire, #RWBatATM, #RunArmyRunStrong
We’ll see you on race day!