Bataan Memorial Death March Weekend Guide
**Important Notice: The Bataan Memorial Death March has been CANCELLED. Out of an abundance of caution, the U.S. Army made the decision to cancel this year’s Bataan Memorial Death March scheduled for March 15, 2020, in response to the COVID-19 threat. Visit bataanmarch.com for more information.
“The Bataan Memorial Death March is a challenging march through the high desert terrain of the White Sands Missile Range. The memorial march is conducted in honor of the heroic service members who defended the Philippine Islands during World War II, sacrificing their freedom, health, and, in many cases, their very lives.”
Team RWB is proud to welcome Eagles from all over the country to participate together in this epic event! We’ve got some great events planned and hope you’ll join us.
Schedule of events
Friday, March 13: Bataan Social Dinner
Please RSVP with your meal selection(s)
- Where: Great American Land & Cattle Company 600 Valley Chili Road Vinton, Texas 79821
- Time: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- RSVP: https://www.teamrwb.org/event/bataan-social-dinner/
Saturday, March 14: Team RWB Bataan BBQ
Bring your meat and we will grill it for you. You are welcome to bring any side dishes, snacks that you want to eat.
- Where: Park/Campsite across from WSMR Youth Center Goddard Ave White Sands Missile Range, NM 88002
- Time: Noon – Until Completion
- RSVP: https://www.teamrwb.org/event/bataan-bbq/
Sunday, March 15: Race Day
Welcome Marchers! The start line is located on Aberdeen Ave. It is recommended that marchers arrive as early as possible before the start time to take part in the pre-race ceremony and line up in the appropriate corral. Register at: https://www.teamrwb.org/event/bataan-memorial-death-march-2/
- Arrival: Marchers report to start area (Aberdeen Ave) no later than 6:00 am, those not present for opening ceremony or arriving late will NOT be allowed on the course.
- Designated Corrals: Upon arrival to opening ceremony, be sure to report to your designated corral based on your registered division.
- Clothing Drop: There will be a clothing drop point just after you cross the start line. Pick up will be at finish line For more information visit: https://bataanmarch.com/
- Order of Release: Your time will NOT begin until you cross the start line. Bataan March officials will escort each division to the start line in the following order:
- Wounded Warriors
- Military Light
- Civilian Light
- Military Heavy
- Civilian Heavy
Looking forward to seeing all of our Eagles out at this weekend of awesome events!