Job Posting – Digital Content Specialist
The Digital Content Specialist reports to the Chief Digital Officer and will be focused on promoting the mission of Team Red, White & Blue (Team RWB) across digital channels, social platforms, podcasts, and web. The Digital Content Specialist is primarily responsible for creating, sourcing, and publishing relevant, engaging, and dynamic content. This position plays a key role in presenting the personality of Team RWB, extending the reach of its brand image, and serving as the voice of the modern, active veteran across all digital platforms.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Creates, posts and promotes engaging and relevant digital content to grow and motivate audiences across social media platforms and organizational website.
- Develops an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Manages and owns the editorial calendar.
- Monitors online conversations using social listening tools/platforms and actively engages to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Participates in the evaluation of digital content and campaign metrics to guide and inform future content and strategies.
- Acts as a brand voice to monitor and engage with questions and comments across social media channels and the Team RWB website.
- Researches and develops a network of social media influencers for outreach and cross-promotional opportunities.
- Researches strategies for expanding following/reach across digital channels.
- Tracks and delivers weekly social media KPI reports.
- Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the communications team.
- Brainstorms various social media promotions and initiatives.
- Provides marketing support and social media coverage at national and regional events.
A minimally qualified candidate shall possess the following [required] background and traits:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, advertising, communications or a related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of substantive digital & social media experience, including managing platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube) and website content. Experience running livestreams is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills (interpersonal, verbal, and writing and editing skills), including the ability to synthesize detailed information into short headlines and text blurbs for digital media. Content examples will be required.
- Experience directly managing various social media handles, building and developing audiences, and running message-testing campaigns and paid content boosting.
- Knowledge of social media listening, social media management, and analytics tools. Experience with developing metrics reports.
- Proven track record of handling multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meeting established deadlines.
- Commitment to accomplishing the Team RWB mission and living the Eagle Ethos.
A fully qualified candidate shall possess the following [desired] background and traits:
- Experience performing similar functions for non-profit organizations or national organizing campaigns.
- Familiarity with the veteran/military space.
- Familiarity with design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Familiarity with video editing software.
- Experience with WordPress, Asana, and Sprout Social.
This is a telework position, working with a nationally dispersed team and 3rd party vendors; some weekend and evening work will be required, as well as occasional travel (up to 15%).
Compensation is competitive among nonprofits and commensurate with skills/experience. Team Red, White & Blue offers generous 401K and medical/dental/vision benefits. For additional information about Team RWB, please visit http://www.teamrwb.org.
To apply for this position, please submit your application here.