Eagle NamasDay Recap
Across Eagle Nation, Team RWB celebrated World Yoga Day on February 22 by inviting veterans and civilians to participate in #EagleNamasDay. Practicing everywhere from parks to studios to paddleboards on the river, Eagles throughout the country joined together to celebrate yoga and showcase its role in increasing physical fitness and mental health.
Eagle NamasDay was in the news across the country:
Team RWB Executive Director JJ Pinter sat down with Army veteran Dan Nevins to record a podcast on Dan’s journey with yoga.
Eagles competed to win prizes for most total check-ins, most veteran check-Ins, and most “likes” on social media.
- Most Check-Ins: Team RWB Daytona (92)
- Most Veteran Check-Ins: Team RWB Daytona (46)
- Social Media Challenge: Team RWB Lehigh Valley
Regionally, Eagles competed against each other for check-ins, and the winners for that competition were:
- Southeast: Andrew W., Washington DC
- Northeast: Sean O., Long Island
- Mid-West: Rebecca M., Fort Wayne
- Central: Teresa R., Dallas/Fort Worth
- West: Antonio B. Fort Huachuca/Sierra Vista
- International: Wade O., International
- Social Media: Team RWB Lehigh Valley
Eagle NamasDay 2019 may be over, but your yoga journey doesn’t have to be. Be sure to check out your local chapter for upcoming yoga events. See you on February 22, 2020 for the next annual Eagle NamasDay!