Eagle Nation Gear
By JJ Pinter, Deputy Director | Team Red, White & Blue
One thing I’ve learned about Eagle Nation in the last few years is that they are rabid about their Team RWB Gear…in a really awesome way. As such, we’ve found it’s important to communicate far and wide whenever we make a change that relates to gear, so please read below.
To begin – here’s a bit of context:
• In 2013, we opened the first Team RWB owned store. We did it to provide our members a chance to get high quality Eagle gear, at reasonable prices – it was never about generating revenue.
• Due to our amazing members, the store grew massively over the last few years – it’s turned into a very substantial e-commerce business.
• Our mission and focus is enriching Veteran’s lives, and the gear operation has become so big that it is taking large amounts of our organizational resources (manpower and capital) to operate it, and thus away from our programs.
• Hence, we made the decision to move away from owning our own store, and work with a partner that is not only an expert in e-commerce, but also a huge supporter of our mission. This will allow us to focus on what we do – Enriching the lives of America’s Veterans.
Therefore, we’re excited to announce that our amazing friends at GORUCK will be taking over our Team RWB gear operation, starting May 15th. This will be a big win for us, as it removes financial burden and allows us to focus on our programs, and will be better for our members as our store will be run by GORUCK’s team that lives and breathes this every day.
If you’re not familiar with GORUCK, check them out. They are a veteran-owned, American business that knows and serves the veteran community. They are already a great partner of ours, and we’re excited to deepen the relationship.
Here’s the important stuff:
• We will still be working with our partners at Nike, and plan on continuing to send Nike shirts to new Veteran members as long as we are able. Our plan is for these same red shirts to be sold via our new store as well so that members can buy our standard red Nike shirt if they want.
• Over the next 60 days we will be selling all of our remaining Team RWB owned inventory and shutting down our store. Go here for some big sales in the coming weeks.
• GORUCK will be designing, producing and selling an updated lineup of Team RWB gear via a new storefront that they will run. Their merchandise is awesome, and we’re excited. I know everyone is going to love it.
There are likely a lot of questions out there about the specifics of what will be available via the new GORUCK site (color, size, etc.). Those decisions have not been made yet, but we will share widely as soon as they are finalized.
In closing, this is an exciting time for Team RWB. We’re more excited than ever about our programs, and expanding our relationship with GORUCK will allow us to attack them with more ferocity. Thanks for all you do to be a part of it.