The Election Episode with Dr. Jason Dempsey
[iframe style=”border: none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4806136/height/90/width/640/theme/custom/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/no-cache/true/render-playlist/no/custom-color/bf0d3e/” height=”90″ width=”525″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen;]
Dr. Jason Dempsey is a lot of things:
• A Senior Fellow at CNAS
• An author and prolific writer
• An entrepreneur
• A former White House Fellow
• Former special assistant to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
• A retired Infantry Officer in the Army
But, luckily, he’s an expert in military demographics and politics, as well. In this episode, we have a thrilling, and somewhat controversial conversation about politics, and the upcoming election. We cover topics like:
• His book, Our Army, and how he was the first person to comprehensively study political views in the Army.
• Why it’s dangerous for military leaders to get involved in politics
• How he believes the best way for civilians to support members of the military is by holding military senior leaders accountable.
• His role in the podcast Serial.
• His military startup, Millie.
Jason is brilliant, an original thinker, and brave enough to say things that most people won’t – don’t miss this episode.