Email Marketing Manager
The Email Marketing Manager reports to the Chief Digital Officer and will be responsible for spearheading the organization’s email marketing strategy and building, deploying and analyzing email marketing campaigns. This position will work to develop new campaigns, analyze results, develop key insights and trends; and make appropriate recommendations to the executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze large amounts of data while producing detailed, high-quality work within established standards, procedures and timelines.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all email broadcasts, list-building, segmentation, tagging, etc. are accurately maintained & integrations are operated as expected.
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) to generate, distribute and report on leads & contacts.
- Identify target audiences (veterans and donors) and grow the organization’s email list.
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns.
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling.
- Design responsive email templates.
- Upgrade existing email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features.
- Manage project schedules, deadlines and recaps to ensure content campaign success and to measure results.
- Monitor and maintain data-quality within the marketing database.
- Analyze marketing, donor and program data to develop insights and recommend areas for optimization.
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices.
- Assist in the development of standard email policies and procedures and training.
- Train Team RWB staff and identified Volunteer Leaders in the use of the email marketing platform.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve users’ problems.
A fully qualified candidate shall possess the following background and traits:
- BS degree in Marketing or other relevant field.
- Proven work experience as an email marketing manager or digital marketing specialist.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud required.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and Communities.
- Hands-on experience with HTML and content management systems.
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines; Motivation and ability to be productive with minimum guidance and supervision.
- Must be comfortable and show recent experience in working remotely, serving a distributed customer base.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time.
- Highly Productive: have the drive to get things done.
- Detail-Oriented: have an eye for detail and you are passionate about delivering mistake-free work.
- Excellent Communicator: have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized: have strong organizational skills, manage time well, always looking for ways to become more efficient & effective.
- Agile with Technology: experience using applications such as Google Apps, project management and collaboration on-line tools.
- Flexible and Adaptable: able to multitask and can quickly reorient and ground yourself when plans and priorities change.
- Team Player: enjoy working collaboratively, enthusiastic and high-energy, enjoy building bridges across teams and cultivating a positive work environment.
This is a telework position, however, candidates must be available to work 9am-6pm EST, Monday – Friday, serving our employees and other stakeholders across the U.S. Exact hours of operation will be determined upon hire. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
Compensation is competitive among nonprofits and commensurate with skills/experience. Team Red, White & Blue offers generous 401K and medical/dental/vision benefits. For additional information about Team RWB, please visit http://www.teamrwb.org
To apply for this position, please submit your application here.