Episode 129 – The Driving Force Behind “The Art of Manliness” – Brett McKay
Brett McKay founded the Art of Manliness in 2008 and has grown it into the largest independent men’s interest magazine on the web.
Brett grew up in Edmond, OK, and attended the University of Oklahoma. He took a break in college to live in Tijuana, Mexico for two years doing service. After graduating, he then went on to pursue his lifelong goal of going to law school. While attending the University of Tulsa College of Law, Brett started the Art of Manliness as something fun to do in his spare time.
In this podcast, we cover a variety of topics, to include:
- The beginnings of the Art of Manliness
- Brett’s definition of “manliness” and why it’s probably not what you think
- The military connection to the Art of Manliness
- His new effort – “The Strenuous Life”
- How Brett runs a successful website, yet stays disconnected from the internet
And much more!
In addition, Team RWB’s Executive Director was a guest on the Art of Manliness Podcast a few years ago – check it out here.