Episode 125 – Mental Wellness and Cognitive Help in Healing
Dr. Chad Kahl is the Chief Medical Officer to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Jim Karol is a world-renowned mentalist and entertainer, known for his ability to harness the power of the human mind. They’re an unlikely duo, but both deeply understand the link between mental wellness and physical healing, and want to be change agents for the way health care is perceived and delivered to military members and veterans.
In this week’s show, we cover a ton of ground, to include:
- Dr. Kahl’s article in the Military Times about Blue Zones
- The connection between mental wellness and physical healing
- Cognitive dissonance with drone warfare “the ender wiggins effect”
- The power of nootropics on mood and memory
- Eastern integrative medicine for sleep and memory and neuropathic pain
- Side effects of the pharmacopeia, drug dependence, how RWB can be a bigger part of the solution
And much more!