May 25, 2018
Seward Memorial Day Weekend Campout
11:00 AM - May 27 11:00 AM AKDT
420 Ballaine Blvd, Seward, AK 99664
What better way to kick-off your summer than with a weekend campout in gorgeous Seward?
This will be a family friendly event, with opportunities to hang out with others or do your own thing as you see fit. We’ll secure tent campsites together and plan for dinner as a group May 26. Families or individual campers are free to peel off for their own plans or spend time with other Team members hiking or otherwise enjoying the area.
Team will cover: cost of tent campsites for the nights of May 25 and 26 (you can extend your site if you want to stay longer!), grilling meat/normal condiments for dinner on the 26th and s'mores supplies.
Have kids and want to come down early on Friday? Jump in on this free Blue Star Families event at nearby Kenai Fjords National Park. Registration for the Blue Star Families event is capped at 25 kids, so make sure you register soon.
A few other logistical notes:
- Sites open for booking at 11 a.m. We will be there to book them then. Please RSVP to this event by the evening of May 24 so we know how many sites to book.
- We'll plan to put out our Team flag and tent so you can easily spot us in the campground.
- We intend to book tent sites in a tents only, generator-free loop near the Parks playground and bathroom (map here). Conversion vans are OK in this area, but pop-up tent trailers are not. If you need to book an RV spot but don't think you can get down there in time to do it, please let us know and we'll discuss how we can help.
- We know some people may want to come for Saturday and not Friday, or Friday and not Saturday. That's fine! We'll book enough space to accommodate the whole group both nights, with two tents to a site.
- We know that Seward gets busy and sometimes the best laid plans don't work the way we'd like, so we'll manage day-of logistics via our Team Facebook group.
Luke Bushatz, email@example.com