Feb 10, 2018
Winter Series 10K
6:30 AM - 10:00 AM AKST
The Great Saltair 12408 West Saltair Drive, Magna, UT 84044
The second race of the 2018 Salt Lake City Track Club's Winter Series is upon us! If you ran the 5K, welcome back! If you are joining us for the first time, Hooray, you're in for a treat! The Salt Lake City Track Club members have been working very hard to make the 40th Annual Winter Series an exciting and memorable experience.
The following is a super fun wall of text with important information so please read to the end!
Reminder: You will reuse your 5K bib for this Saturday's 10K. If you have lost or damaged your bib, it can be replaced at packet pickup for a $5 administrative fee.
Wasatch Running Center
8946 S. State Street, Sandy Utah 84070
Thursday, February 8th, 4:00PM - 8:00PM
The Great Saltair (Race Location)
12408 W Saltair Drive, Magna, UT 84044
Saturday, February 10th, 8:30AM - 9:30AM
Shirts available for participants who registered before the cutoff date (12/1/17.)
Chip Verification: Participants are responsible for verifying that the chip timing device provided is working properly prior to the race and worn correctly during the race. You will have a chance to verify your chip is working properly Thursday at packet pickup and/or race morning between 8:30AM - 9:30AM at the timing/results booth inside the Saltair.
Race Bibs: For accurate chip reading your race bib needs to be secured in all 4 corners and must be worn so that they are visible from the front of your outermost garment as you run through the start and finish lines (and all checkpoints.) Also, do not twist, bend, or damage the bibs, as it could affect the timing chip that is attached. Failure to properly wear your bib or damaging the attached timing chip can result in your times not being recorded. Failure to cross all checkpoints on the course could result in disqualification.
Once you have completed the race, please do not confuse the timing crew by running through the finish line multiple times with other runners. If you go back to run with someone else with a slower finish time, you must exit the course and avoid crossing anywhere near the timing mat at the finish line.
10K RACE DAY DETAILS February 10, 2018
8:30AM The Great Saltair Building Opens.
8:30AM - 9:45AM Pre Race Festivities (Inside the Great Saltair.)
- Check in: Bib pickup and chip verification (8:30AM - 9:30AM.)
- Music by DJ Ryan Hadley: Get pumped up for the race!
- Utah Spartan Street Team: Onsite giving out burpees for FREE. Arrive early for a chance to be one of two lucky runners to win a FREE Utah Spartan Race entry.
- Warrior State of Mind: Arrive early to participate in fun challenges and a chance to be one of two lucky runners to win a FREE WSOM race entry.
- Ragnar: Stop by and say hi to get an exclusive promo code for $80 off a Ragnar team registration!
- Topo Athletic: The leader in ergonomic athletic footwear is back again! Topo Athletic will have a limited number of demo shoes available. Stop by early for a chance to run the 10K while trying out some shoes from Topo!
- Team Red White Blue: Stop by to thank them for their service and learn more about how they are enriching the lives of America's veterans.
- Raffle Table: Catch an early peak of all our awesome raffle prizes. More than $2000 in raffle items, including three pairs of Jaybird Bluetooth headphones, a pair of Topo Athletic shoes and much more!
9:45AM Runners make their way to the starting line.
9:50AM Team RWB presents the flag.
9:55AM The national anthem song by Natalie Williams.
10:00AM 10K Race Starts.
- Runners must run under there own name. Bibs are not transferable to other runners.
- No early start. Any participants starting the race early will be disqualified.
- No dogs on the course. Violation will result in disqualification.
- Bandits: Only registered racers with a bib are allowed on the course during the race.
10:25AM - 12:00PM Head back inside for post race festivities!
- Refreshments: Provided by Beans & Brews Coffee and Great Harvest Bread.
- Results: Get your race results!
- Music: More from DJ Ryan Hadley.
- Awards: Overall Open/Masters Award Presentation. In the interest of time age division awards can be picked up at the timing/results booth. 5K age division medals will also be available at the timing booth.
- Raffle: You must be present to win. Claiming a prize on behalf of another runner is not allowed.
Questions: contact the race by emailing [email protected]
Even if you're not running, come out to support us at our Team RWB info table and participate in the flag ceremony before the race. Then, stick around to cheer in your fellow Eagles!
Use the discount code TeamRWB to save $5 off registration.
Andrew Pullens, [email protected]