Feb 24, 2018
Winter Series 15K
6:30 AM - 11:00 AM AKST
The Great Saltair 12408 West Saltair Drive, magna, UT 84044
The third and final race of the 2018 Salt Lake City Track Club's Winter Series is upon us and we hope you are excited as we are! Please, read on for important race details. Also, be sure to stick around after the race for the grand prize raffle drawing: FREE RAGNAR TEAM! That's right, an ENTIRE 12 PERSON TEAM!
Team registration is no longer available, but you can still register for the 15K here: https://runsignup.com/Register/?raceId=49207
Use code TEAMRWB to save $5.
Thursday, February 22nd, 4:00PM - 8:00PM
Wasatch Running Center, Centerville
Centerville, UT 84014
Friday, February 23rd, 1:00PM - 8:00PM
Wasatch Running Center, Sandy
Sandy, UT 84070
The Great Saltair (Race Location)
12408 W Saltair Drive, Magna, UT 84044
Saturday, February 10th, 8:30AM - 9:30AM
- Shirts available for 15K participants who registered before the cutoff date (12/1/17.)
- If you raced the 5K and/or the 10K you will NOT reuse your race bib again. Everyone will race with a new bib at this Saturday's 15K.
- 5K and 10K age division winners who have not picked up their medal will be able to do so at the bib pickups.
- Topo Athletic will have more shoe models and sizes available at the bib pickups. Get fitted and be ready to demo a new pair of shoes Saturday.
Chip Verification: Participants are responsible for verifying that the chip timing device provided is working properly prior to the race and worn correctly during the race. You will have a chance to verify your chip is working properly at bib pickup and/or race morning between 8:30AM - 9:30AM at the timing/results booth inside the Saltair.
Race Bibs: For accurate chip reading your race bib needs to be secured in all 4 corners and must be worn so that they are visible from the front of your outermost garment as you run through the start and finish lines (and all checkpoints). Also, do not twist, bend, or damage the bibs, as it could affect the timing chip that is attached. Failure to properly wear your bib or damaging the attached timing chip can result in your times not being recorded. Failure to cross all checkpoints on the course could result in disqualification.
Once you have completed the race, please do not confuse the timing crew by running through the finish line multiple times with other runners. If you go back to run with someone else with a slower finish time, you must exit the course and avoid crossing anywhere near the timing mat at the finish line.
Series Medal: You must complete all three races to receive a finisher medal. Your bib will be stamped if you have already completed two races. For those who registered for the series, but miss one of the three races, there will be an untimed makeup run on March 24th at 9:00AMleaving from the Wasatch Running Center, Sandy. All eligible runners will receive an email by March 3rd with instructions to RSVP. If you qualify and do not receive instructions by March 3rd check your spam/junk mail folder. If you still do not find the email notify the race by emailing [email protected] before March 10th.
15K RACE DAY DETAILS February 24, 2018
8:30AM The Great Saltair Building Opens.
8:30AM - 9:45AM Pre Race Festivities (Inside the Great Saltair.)
- Check in: Bib pickup and chip verification (8:30AM - 9:30AM.)
- Music by DJ Ryan Hadley: Get pumped up for the race!
- Utah Spartan Street Team: Onsite giving out burpees for FREE. Arrive early for a chance to be one of two lucky runners to win a FREE Utah Spartan Race entry.
- Warrior State of Mind: Arrive early to participate in fun challenges and a chance to be one of two lucky runners to win a FREE WSOM race entry.
- Ragnar: Stop by and say hi to get an exclusive promo code for $80 off a Ragnar team registration!
- Topo Athletic: By popular demand the leader in ergonomic athletic footwear is back again. Topo Athletic will have a larger selection of demo shoes available. Stop by early for a chance to run the 15K while trying out a pair of shoes from Topo!
- Team Red White Blue: Stop by to thank them for their service and learn more about how they are enriching the lives of America's veterans.
- Raffle Table: Catch an early peak of all our awesome raffle prizes. More than $2,000 in raffle items, including three pairs of Jaybird Bluetooth headphones, a pair of Topo Athletic shoes and much more! Yes, you read correctly above, the grand prize is a FREE RAGNAR TEAM!
8:50AM Early Start Runners Make Their Way To The Starting Line.
9:00AM 15K Early Race Start.
- Early start for runners who are slower than 12 minutes a miles.
- DO NOT start at 9:00AM IF you are running faster than 12 minutes a mile, as this will complicate timing and may result in your times not being recorded.
- You must start at either 9:00AM or 10:00AM.
9:45AM Runners Make Their Way To The Starting Line.
9:50AM Team RWB Presents The Flag.
9:55AM The National Anthem Song By Natalie Williams.
10:00AM 15K Race Starts.
- Runners must run under there own name. Bibs are not transferable to other runners.
- No dogs on the course.
- Bandits: Only registered racers with a bib are allowed on the course during the race.
10:25AM - 12:30PM Head Back Inside For Post Race Festivities!
- Refreshments: Provided by Beans & Brews Coffee and Great Harvest Bread.
- Results: Get your race results!
- Music: More from DJ Ryan Hadley.
- Awards: The Fittest Team Winner will be announced followed be a team picture. In the interest of time we will only be presenting awards for the series and 15K to the Open and Masters winners, and the Grand Master and Senior Grandmaster champions. 15K medals and Series Plaques awarded to those who placed in the top three in their age division can be picked up at the timing/results booth.
- Raffle: Stick around for the raffle. And it's worth noting the grand prize a third time- A FREE RAGNAR TEAM! You must be present to win. Claiming a prize on behalf of another runner is not allowed.
Questions: contact the race by emailing [email protected]
Andrew Pullens, [email protected]