Hurricane Dorian Resources for Eagles
As Hurricane Dorian passes our coast, our thoughts are with all of our Eagles affected by the storm. Many service members, veterans, and military families faced evacuation, property damage and others have been called to deploy as part of relief efforts.
Our chapters stand ready to offer continued connection and enrichment in the storms aftermath. In the meantime, we’ve put together some resources for our Eagles and their families.
- Download the FEMA app for updates and visit FEMA’s disaster assistance veterans resource page.
- Make sure that your family has a plan and emergency kit for future storms. Connecting Vets has a great list.
- Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website to see if your local VA hospital is open and research the VA’s Pharmacy Disaster Relief Plan if you need it.
- Don’t forget that the Veterans Crisis Line is open to veterans in crisis 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-273-8255, press one.
- Military families can account for themselves and others using this guide from Military One Source.
- Check out this information on Tricare policies and health benefits.
- For more information, we recommend: