Job Posting – Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and is responsible for helping Team RWB meet its Strategic Objectives through nurturing a strong industry network, increasing awareness and creating a positive image of Team RWB, and developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Works with Director of Marketing to develop a communications and earned media plan (strategy, goals, budget and tactics).
• Develops a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media.
• Works closely with the Business Development Team and corporate sponsors to develop briefs and execute media relations plans for National Events (Run As One, Eagle Charge, Old Glory Relay, and WOD for Warriors).
• Directs and leads reactive media relations by analyzing media situations, determining appropriate response, obtaining leadership approval and communicating messages to the media.
• Coordinates all public relations activities with internal staff, media agencies, partners and media outlets.
• Works closely with the Community and Content Manager to ensure Team RWB’s social media strategy is closely integrated with our communications plans.
• Leverages existing media relationships and cultivates new contacts within business and industry media, focusing on contacts covering Veterans and Military interests.
• Manages media inquiries and interview requests.
• Creates content for national press releases, and works closely with our Director of Programs to ensure our Chapter volunteer leaders have the necessary tools to develop and leverage media relations at the local level.
• Monitors, analyzes and communicates PR results to appropriate stakeholders.
• Coordinates with the Director of Development to evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis.
• Builds relationships with industry leaders to grow awareness and proactively support Team RWB’s image, reputation and brand while supporting Team RWB’s leadership team efforts to share thought leadership.
• Maintains a keen understanding of industry trends and their impact on existing strategies, processes and technologies.
• Directs the development of media training and specific issue analysis (e.g., talking points, backgrounders and/or white papers) as needed to staff and volunteer leaders, and ensures that media training is properly completed.
A fully qualified candidate shall possess the following attributes
• Motivation and ability to be productive with minimum guidance and supervision while working in a kinetic environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, advertising, communications or a related discipline.
• 7+ years of proven working experience in public relations.
• Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
• Strong relationships with local/national business and industry media outlets with knowledge of the Veterans/Military space.
• Experience acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
• Requires excellent human relations and communication skills, tact, diplomacy and a high level of professionalism in order to interface with Team RWB staff, chapters, the media and the general public.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills.
• Solid experience with social media channels.
• Event planning experience.
• Willingness to travel at least 20% of the time.
This is a telework position. The preferred location for this role is in one of the following metropolitan areas: Washington D.C., NYC/Philadelphia, Atlanta, Detroit, Dallas/Fort Worth, San Francisco, or Seattle; however, there is flexibility here based on experience and personal circumstances.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with skills/experience. Team Red, White & Blue offers exceptional 401K and medical/dental/vision benefits. For additional information about Team RWB, please visit www.teamrwb.org
To apply for this position, please submit your application here.