Job Posting – Sponsorship Manager
Develops and cultivates strategic business relationships with major corporate partners, including Fortune 100 and 500 companies, whose sponsorship and cause-related marketing programs generate revenue for Team Red, White & Blue. Specifically, responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate partner programs from initial contact through implementation, execution, evaluation, renewal and/or expansion. Ensures that the strategic initiatives and business objectives of both TRWB and its corporate partners are successfully achieved.
Securing new partners/supporters
Proactively identify and engage potential strategic and operational partners to establish mutually beneficial relationships in addition to assessing all inbound inquiries and proposals for collaboration.
• Develops and cultivates strategic business relationships with major corporate partners in Fortune 100 and 500. Leads cross-functional teams in the management of a growing portfolio of sponsorship and cause-related marketing partners.
• Tracks indicators of progress towards income goals, escalating findings and recommending solutions as required. Responsible for meeting assigned revenue goals to generate increased funds for mission-related spending. Adheres to expense management practices and division spending guidelines
• Develop and coordinate corporate prospect research, strategy, and solicitations including: cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation activity for corporate prospects, partners, and supporters. Write and submit proposals and reports directly with assistance as needed from program and other development staff.
• Proactively explores emerging channels of growth potential through new program recommendations. Performs financial analysis in support of new initiatives to present to department and leadership team. Develops strategic roll-out and 3-year revenue projections for new initiatives.
• Delivers creative partnership solutions. Negotiates program terms, initiates Letters of Agreement/contracts, and monitors contract process through approval. Oversees program execution and identifies opportunities for program extensions and/or integration with other events or programs. Ensures TRWB standards are met and that program performance meets or exceeds the terms and conditions outlined in the Letter of Agreement/contract. Responsible for program evaluation and renewal.
• Provide management and implementation of partnerships across multiple platforms including media, digital, and on-site benefits.
• Together with the Development colleagues oversee that branding and messaging are clearly communicated and incorporated throughout all communications, events and programs.
Implementation of support
Ensure that all support is properly distributed, utilized, measured, reported, and graciously appreciated. Manage relationships with all key partners/supporters to maintain and grow current relationships.
• Work closely Regional Directors and operational staff to ensure complete understanding of all funding and activation/implementation of local and/or regional cause-marketing programs or sponsorships.
• Understand, track, and meet all expectations and reporting requirements
• Communicate both quantitative and qualitative impact to partners and donors
• Provides marketing expertise to internal departments executing cross-functional initiatives.
• Maintain relationships to ensure renewal and growth of current funding sources
A fully qualified candidate shall possess the following attributes:
• Demonstrated ability to lead informally, and beyond title/position
• Passion for service to country and the veteran population
• A passion for fitness, sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
• Gritty, determined, able to handle adversity in pursuit of large, long-term goals
• Experience in managing and coordinating complex relationships
• Confident working with senior executives; can negotiate and build consensus
• Demonstrated success and experience in business development and/or partnership activation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel 8-10 days/month
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum requirement), veteran status is preferred, but not required
• Must be physically active and able to lead and participate in fitness events
• Salary will be commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
The preferred location for this role is in one of the following metropolitan areas: Washington D.C., New York City/Philly, Atlanta, Detroit, Dallas/Fort Worth, San Francisco or Seattle – however, there is flexibility here due to the specialized expertise required.
For additional information about Team RWB, please visit http://www.teamrwb.org