Kerry Rock & Chris Long
[iframe style=”border: none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6565833/height/90/theme/custom/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/bf0d3e/” height=”90″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen;]
Kerry Rock is an Army Veteran and Team RWB member. Chris Long is a NFL veteran and two-time Super Bowl champion. They couldn’t be any different in stature or background, but they’re making a difference in both their local community of Charlottesville, VA and on the other side of the world in east Africa. Having recently #ConqueredKili, we sit down with Kerry and Chris for a casual conversation covering everything from sports to community service. This is definitely an hour well-spent…enjoy the conversation!
In this episode we discuss:
• Starting a Team RWB Chapter, the challenges and the rewards
• Training for a NFL season, a 10-miler, and climbing a big mountain
• Service…taking action and giving of your most precious resource (time) to make a difference
• Delivering impact at the community level, whether that be at home or halfway across the world
• The perspective provided by poverty and summiting Mount Kilimanjaro (19,341 ft)
• The next tattoo
Additional callouts from this episode:
• Learn more about the work Chris is doing through his foundation at https://chrislongfoundation.org/. And make sure you check out https://waterboys.org (@WaterboysORG) to see the great stuff Chris and our friend Nate Boyer (@nateboyer37) are doing to challenge veterans and bring wells to African communities in need.
• Kerry did in fact propose to this girlfriend Colleen via video from the summit…she of course accepted. Congrats Kerry and Colleen!
• Give Chris a follow on Twitter (@JOEL9ONE) and Instagram (laflamablanca95)
• And because Ellen…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ez5ekvhxs