Life as an unexpected public figure with J.R. Martinez
[iframe style=”border: none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6178283/height/90/theme/custom/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/bf0d3e/” height=”90″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen;]
J.R. Martinez is an actor, speaker, and former U.S. Army soldier who was severely wounded in Iraq in 2003, sustaining burns to over 34% of his body. He played the role of Brot Monroe on the ABC daytime drama All My Children, but is best known for winning Season 13 of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars and his advocacy work for veterans causes and philanthropic work. In this episode we discuss:
• His military experience and what he learned.
• His recovery process, and how he attacked it.
• Learning that he had a gift of connecting to people, and how he’s using it to help.
• What it’s like to be a public figure, and how he’s managing his life.
• And most importantly – DOGS!