Marine Corps Marathon Weekend Guide
CHARGE THE DISTRICT, BEAT THE BRIDGE
The Marine Corps Marathon is annually ranked as one of the largest marathons in the US and the world. Motivated individuals run the MCM as a tribute to a loved one serving this country or in memory of their sacrifice. They run in defiance, while facing an illness, whether their own or a loved one. They run to show love of country. Organized by the men and women of the United States Marine Corps, the MCM celebrates the honor, courage and commitment of all finishers. -excerpt from MCM Website
Team RWB is proud to welcome Eagles from all over the country to participate together in The People’s Marathon. We’ve got some great events planned and hope you’ll join us.
MARINE CORPS MARATHON EXPO
Marine Corps Marathon Expo The Expo is being held Friday and Saturday at the Gaylord National Resort at National Harbor 201 Waterfront St, National Harbor, MD 20745. Enjoy booths and vendors as well as pick up your race packet (please note you must have a photo ID or military ID to pick up your race packet.) Expo Hours: Friday 10:00am – 8:00pm and Saturday 8:00am -6:00pm. For more information on the Expo click here.
TEAM RWB PRE-RACE SCHEDULE
Purchase tickets to weekend events here.
Friday 6:00-8:30 p.m. – MCM Welcome Social at Highline RxR (2010 Crystal Dr, Arlington, VA). The closest Metro stop is Crystal City.
Saturday 5:00 p.m. – Team RWB Pre-Marathon Dinner at the Crystal Gateway Marriott (1700 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA). The closest Metro stop is Crystal City and our team will be joined by guest dinner speaker, Air Force Reserve Lt. Col. (Ret.) Mark Cucuzzella.
Cucuzella practices Family Medicine in Ranson and Martinsburg, West Virginia. He is a Professor at West Virginia University School of Medicine and conducts Continuing Medical Education courses on health, fitness, and running through HealthFitU and developed the US Air Force Efficient Running Program. Mark has run competitively for almost four decades, with more than one hundred marathon and ultramarathon finishes, and he continues to compete as a national level masters runner with thirty straight years under a 3-hour marathon. Mark owns the first minimalist running and walking shoe store, Two Rivers Treads. To learn more about him, click here.
TEAM RWB RACE DAY SCHEDULE
Welcome Runners! The start line is located on Route 110 (all lanes) halfway between the Pentagon and Arlington Memorial Drive. The closest Metro access to the start is the Pentagon station (blue/yellow). It is recommended that runners arrive as early as possible before the start time to proceed through the security checkpoint, drop off bags and line up in the appropriate corral. Eagles runners in their red shirt are welcome to drop their gear off at our tent in Charity Village, the closest location to the finish line.
- 6:00 a.m, – DC Metro begins running. Shuttles and buses have been added to assist runners and spectators, see FAQ’s page of packet for details
- 7:00 a.m. – RWB group photo at our tent in Charity Village – look for the sea of red shirts
- 7:30 a.m. – 50k start
- 7:45 a.m. – Marathon wheelchair users and hand cyclists ONLY begins
- 7:55 a.m. – Marathon and 10K race begins
- 11:10 a.m. – Awards Ceremony
- Until 3:00pm Finish Festival All Team RWB Eagle Racers are invited to visit our tent in Charity Village.
RACE DAY CHEER SQUAD
Come cheer on RWB Eagles from around the country while they run the Marine Corps Marathon that they have trained so hard for. Kids, dogs (well behaved and on a leash) are encouraged to come too! We will have cheer stations set up at Mile 11 and Mile 20. Professional photographer will capture our Eagles at mile 20 and images will be available after the race.
- Relatives, friends and running buddies will all be able to follow a runner’s progress along the MCM course in real time! Using timing data, a runner’s progress is represented by an icon moving along the MCM map. You can also sign up to receive updates for one or multiple runners from the 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K and finish-line split locations.
- Be sure to make a plan to meet up after the race. We suggest that you meet your runner at the Team RWB tent located in Charity Village.
- Be sure to wear your eagle gear and bring signs to cheer on our racers, snacks, water, sunscreen and noise makers (horns, cowbells).
Join in on the conversation using the social media information listed below.
- Facebook: TeamRWB, Team RWB MCM Group
- Instagram: @teamrwb, @marinecorpsmarathon
- Twitter: @teamrwb, @marine_marathon
- Hashtags: #RunWithTheMarines, #EagleFire
For more details about the Marine Corps Marathon click here. No Federal or Marine Corps endorsement of Team RWB is implied.