Quarantine Crusher: Connect
If you’re in need of a supportive community and a way to clear your mind, Eagle Nation is here for you.
Get moving, inspire others, and stay connected during social distancing with Eagle Nation by your side as part of Team RWB’s Quarantine Crusher Challenge. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Our goal is to come out of this better than when we started, together. You might be isolated, but you’re not alone. If you’re looking to connect, check out these resources:
Just because you’re isolated, remember that you’re not alone. Staying connected to ourselves and others during this difficult time supports both mental and emotional health. Team RWB is hosting regularly scheduled events through the Team RWB App to help you connect with Eagle Nation, and we’ve provided few ideas you can complete on your own schedule below. However you decide to connect, know that by reaching out you’re making a difference for yourself and for others, and don’t forget to check-in to let us know you’ve crushed your quarantine.
- Learn five ways to make mindfulness a priority
- Practice this coherent breathing exercise with Matt Jared, Co-Founder of United We Om
- Check out United We Om’s meditation library
- Access online practices with Veterans Yoga Project
- Practice Gratitude
- Listen to retired Master Sergeant Cedric King talk about triumph and perspective
While there are plenty of ways to leverage technology to remain connected to others, we thought we’d offer some ideas to get you started!
- Buddy Check: Call or text someone you haven’t spoken with this week and check-in
- Join a virtual hangout with your local chapter (available in the Team RWB App)
- Create and send cards to a local nursing home, hospital, or deployed troops
- Create a routine to “meet” friends for virtual coffee before you start your day
- Host a virtual “Happy Hour” – invite others to share the best parts of the week and ways they’re coping or not coping
- Complete a Wear The Eagle Workout virtually with a friend or other members of your family (available in the Team RWB App)
- Go on a family hike
- Attend an Eagle Nation Live! event where you can learn about running your first ultra, get tips on completing a GoRuck Star Course, etc. and participate in live workouts with Eagles across the country (available in the Team RWB App)
Connect to Nature with Janene Ritchie (Eagle Leader Fellow ‘17)
Janene Ritchie is a certified Forest Therapy Guide and Trail Certification Consultant with the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy and a Team RWB Eagle since 2014. She founded Wildish Nature Connections LLC in 2018, which provides a variety of experiences to reconnect with the wild one within. Based out of Vancouver, Washington, she is also a facilitator for a local forest collaborative that promotes sustainable jobs, recreation opportunities, and watershed health on the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
In this three-part Forest Therapy Experience designed for Team RWB, Janene leads Eagles through a forest therapy meditation.
You can find more of Janene’s forest therapy work at www.wildishnatureconnections.com, or on Facebook & Instagram @wildishnatureconnections.
Holistic Meditations for Healing, Power, and Peace with Dr. Stephen T. Redmon
Dr. Stephen Redmon, an Army Veteran, Restorative/Gentle Trauma Sensitive Yoga Teacher (RYT-500), iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation Trained Facilitator, Warriors at Ease trained yoga instructor, running meditation coach, and CEO/Founder of NOMDER Yoga, brings Team RWB Eagles a series of holistic meditations for healing, power, and peace, which draw upon several meditation traditions to meet people wherever they are without judgment. These meditations are most effective in the non-judgment zone – no projected judgment and no self-judgment.
20-minute Healing Meditation
10-minute Inner Power Meditation (Coming soon!)
5-minute Peace Meditation (Coming soon!)
You can also join Stephen at our Eagle Nation Live! Yoga practice on for Mindful Movement, or learn more about Stephen here.