Team RWB hosts Olympics Challenge
“The important thing in life is not the triumph, but the fight; the essential thing is not to have won, but to have fought well.” – The Olympic Movement’s Creed
This July, we challengED Eagle Nation to join us in celebrating the competitive spirit of the Olympic Games and Olympians and Paralympians who served in the US military. Though this year’s Summer Games might be postponed, the importance of fitness and goal achievement to an enriched life has not. The competition was fierce, but we’re proud of all who competed. Scroll down for this year’s champions!
GYMNASTICS – PARALLEL BARS
100 YARD SPRINT
|Day||Date||Sport||Exercise||Bonus Scoring – 3 points|
|Sunday||19||Marathon||Run / Walk||Most miles by an individual|
|Monday||20||Gymnastics – Parallel Bars||Tricep Dip Tabata|
|Tuesday||21||Rowing||Squat Jump Tabata||Most meters by an individual|
|Wednesday||22||Boxing||12 Minute Workout|
|Thursday||23||Beach Volleyball||Burpees Tabata||Most total burpees by an individual|
|Friday||24||Wheel Chair Rugby||Push-up Tabata||Most total push-ups by an individual|
|Saturday||25||Duathlon||Run / Bike / Run||Most Miles by an individual|
|Monday||27||Softball/Baseball||Quick Feet Tabata|
|Tuesday||28||Basketball||Box Jumps / Step Up Tabata|
|Wednesday||29||Swimming||Arm Hauler Tabata||Most totals meters swam by individual|
|Thursday||30||100 Yard Sprint||High Knee Tabata||Fastest 100 yard time|
|Friday||31||Olympic Day||30 min Video Workout|
Here’s How It Works
Congratulations! You’ve been selected to represent your chapter in Olympic Games! Each day for 13 days you’ll go head to head with chapters across the country, vying for gold, silver, and bronze medals. Complete the day’s exercise, log in to the app or website, and click check-in to score for your chapter.
- Marathon, Gymnastics, Rowing, Boxing, and Swimming events: the chapter with the highest percentage of members completing their workouts will be awarded a gold medal (3 points) for that sport, the second-place team will receive a silver (2 points) medal, the third-place team will receive a bronze medal (1 point).
- Volleyball, Rugby, Duathlon: the chapter which completes the most total team reps or distance will be awarded a gold medal (3 points) for that sport, the second-place team will receive a silver (2 points) medal, the third-place team will receive a bronze medal (1 point).
- Wrestling, Softball, Basketball, Sprint, Olympic Day: the chapter with the most total check-ins will be awarded a gold medal (3 points) for that sport, the second-place team will receive a silver (2 points) medal, the third-place team will receive a bronze medal (1 point).
- Chapters with individuals who come in first, second, and third in the ‘bonus events’ will receive individual points for the medals they are awarded. Gold medals are worth 3 points, silver 2, bronze 1.
- Individual points and team points combined
The Prizes & Gear
- Daily Event Winners: Gold, Silver, and Bronze flag streamers to each winning chapter
- Overall Winners: Team RWB Chapter flag
- Bonus event winners (individual members): Event Streamer & Team RWB Olympics mug
Subscribe for inspiration!
Opt-In to receive a daily email reminder of your workout, a check-in link, and a brief bio celebrating a service member who competed in the Olympics. We’ll create a daily habit of inspiration and perspiration full of the Eagle Fire and Olympic Spirit.