Veteran Entrepreneur Matt Griffin on Combat Flip Flops and How Service Can Change Your Life
[iframe style=”border: none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4454867/height/90/width/525/theme/custom/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/no-cache/true/render-playlist/no/custom-color/BF0D3E/” height=”90″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen;]
Matthew “Griff” Griffin co-founded Combat Flip Flops in Kabul, Afghanistan. Combat Flip Flops is a service minded and dynamic company that creates cool stuff in dangerous places around the world – advancing their belief in “business, not bullets” to end global conflicts. He served in the 75th Ranger Regiment with three tours to Afghanistan and one tour to Iraq, and is now spending his time making the world a better place – his company uses part of their profits to put Afghan girls in school, and to clear land mines.
In this episode, we cover a ton of material to include:
• How he crashed and burned post military – and pulled himself out of it.
• How giving to others can improve your life.
• How he and his partners started Combat Flip Flops.
• His TED talk on the power of persistence, creativity and respect.
• Being a veteran entrepreneur on Shark Tank. (go to 33:25 on the video)