Our mission is to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity.
Team Red, White & Blue (“we,” “us,” “our” or “Team RWB”) provides its services and includes the website at www.teamrwb.org (the “Website”), the Team RWB web and mobile application (the “Application”) and any other Team RWB online service that links to these Community Guidelines (collectively, the “Site”). We provide a platform for users to communicate, plan and participate in events, and share content. As such, we want all users to feel safe while using the Site.
The goal of our Community Guidelines is to describe our expectations for your use of the Site. By using the Site, you agree to these and our Terms of Service. In accordance with our Terms of Service we reserve the right, but do not assume any obligation, to remove content that does not comply with our Community Guidelines and/or suspend, block, or terminate your account at any time, immediately, without notice to you, including if you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Community Guidelines or our Terms of Service. Further, if we believe that your use of the Site violates applicable law or presents a threat to public safety, we have the right to cooperate fully with appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Our Expectations for Your Content
- We respect intellectual property rights, including your rights and those of third parties. You own the content you share on the Site and you should not share anything that you do not own or do not have permission from the owner to share. If you believe any content you have viewed on the Site violates these guidelines or if any content you have viewed on the Site makes you feel unsafe, please report it via this form. Please refer to our Copyright Policy for more information.
- Only share appropriate content. Content includes anything you might share on the Site, including but not limited to photos, images, illustrations, videos, graphics, audio, music, sound recordings, comments, content descriptions, or live streams. While we may allow very limited exceptions to these guidelines in our sole discretion, for example content that is clearly intended as artistic expression, for educational purposes, or to raise awareness about an issue, the following forms of content are not allowed:
- No Nudity or Sexually Explicit Content. Content that depicts or displays nudity or sexual activities. Explicit or erotic content featuring minors (those under 18) and content that sexually exploits minors is always strictly prohibited.
- No Violent or Graphic Content. Content that depicts or displays violence or incites others to commit violent acts. This includes violence against humans and animals, as well as self-harm.
- No Dangerous Content. Content that displays, depicts, encourages, or promotes illegal activities or activities that risk serious physical harm or death. This includes danger or harm with respect to humans and animals.
- No Hateful Content. Content attacking or dehumanizing, or suggesting or promoting violence or hatred against, individuals or groups based on certain protected characteristics, such as age, race, ethnicity, caste, nationality, immigration status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disease or disability.
- No Threats, Harassment or Bullying. Content that threatens, harasses, shames, intimidates or bullies individuals is not allowed, including content that attacks or insults individuals based on protected characteristics, such as age, race, ethnicity, caste, nationality, immigration status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disease or disability, or other physical traits or personal attributes.
- Misleading, Deceptive or Fraudulent Content. Content that is intended or could be expected to mislead, deceive, take advantage of, cause confusion, or defraud us or other users. This includes impersonation of other persons or organizations, or making false claims with respect to an affiliation with any person or organization, as well as falsely claiming to be an authority or to have expertise with respect to a particular topic or providing analysis or recommendations that you are not properly licensed or otherwise qualified to provide.
- Illegal Content. Content that depicts illegal activity such as illicit drug use or criminal activity.
- Commercial, Marketing or Spam Content. Content or events shared for monetization purposes or otherwise promoting, communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation or spamming. This includes content that sells engagement such as views, reactions, and comments.
Our Expectations for Your Behavior
- We expect you to help preserve the authenticity of the content and interactions shared on the Site. This means you should only post original content, provide genuine comments and reactions to content shared by others, and you should not artificially collect reactions, followers, or shares. Don’t create fake accounts.
- Be Respectful. We provide a platform where lots of diverse people can come together to share. It is okay to disagree with others, but you should always do so in a manner that is respectful. Do not attack, threaten, harass, intimidate or bully other users.
- Obey the Law. It’s your responsibility to know what laws apply to your use of the Site. Even if something isn’t illegal or is not regulated by your jurisdiction, there may still be activities that we do not allow and could result in termination of your account or other consequences. For example, you are not allowed to support terrorism, organized crime, hate groups, or human or wildlife trafficking through the Site, or use the Site to offer for sale or facilitate the purchase of firearms or other weapons, drugs or drug paraphernalia, other controlled substances, sexual services, or live animals.
- Be Safe. We expect that all users comply with our Terms of Service and these Community Guidelines, but there may be users on the platform who do not. Don’t share your personal information (for example, date of birth, address, social security number, or credit card information) with anyone. Protect your account information and do not share your password with anyone. Be cautious when organizing in real life events or meetings with persons you’ve connected with through the Site that are not sponsored by Team RWB.
- Event Planning and Attendance. We provide a platform where users can create and plan Team RWB events. Do not use this capability to promote illegal or inappropriate activities or those not in accordance with these guidelines. Additionally, do not use this capability to create any events that directly or indirectly, participate in, advocate for, or intervene in, any political campaign on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for elective public office, including political candidate fundraising events. These events are solely for the purpose of connecting veterans to community through physical and social activity. While attending any Team RWB events, do not attack, threaten, harass, intimidate, or bully other individuals at the event.
- Help Us by Reporting Issues. The safety of our users is our top priority. If you see any members, content, or behavior on the Site or at a Team RWB event that doesn’t comply with these Community Guidelines or our Terms of Service, is illegal, or presents a threat to your safety or the safety of others, please report it to us via this form, and/or your local law enforcement authorities. If contacted by law enforcement, we can and will cooperate with them to address issues that you have reported.
Special Tips for Parents and Guardians
- Users Under the Age of 13 Not Permitted. Persons under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Site, regardless of whether a parent or legal guardian has given permission for such use. Use of the Site by a person under the age of 13 is a violation of our Terms of Service and could result in legal liability. You must not allow or facilitate the use of the Site by anyone under the age of 13. If you learn that your child who is under 13 years old or someone else under 13 years of age is using the Site, you may report it to the contact information above in the bullet titled “Help us by Reporting Issues” above.
Last Modified: July 13, 2020