Team RWB (“Company”, “Us”, or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website teamrwb.org (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
– On this Website.
– In e-mail, text or other electronic messages between you and Us.
– When you subscribe to one of our communications.
– When you participate in an event hosted or sponsored by Us.
– We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as other organizations where you might receive information about Us, collect donations on our behalf, or purchase Team RWB merchandise.
– Through social media.
It does not apply to information collected by:
– Any third party, including through any application, content or advertising that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
– By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“Personal Information”).
– About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
– Any information submitted by you.
We collect this information:
– Directly from you when you provide it to us.
– Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
Information we collect on or through our Website may include:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletters, email notifications, chapter or fundraising information, or requesting further information or services.
– Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
– Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
– Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
– Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access to use on the Website.
– Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
This information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
– Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
– Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
– Speed up your searches.
– Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
– Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
– Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails from RWB may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
– To present our Website and its contents to you.
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
– To notify you about changes to our Website or any other products or services we offer or provide through it.
– To introduce you to a local chapter in your area.
– To contact you about fundraising or events.
– In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
– For statistical purposes and to monitor website usage to help us improve our website and our services.
– For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
– To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and chapters, some of whom may be located in a country other than yours and where privacy protection may be different than those in your home country.
– To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who we are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
– To third parties whom we believe may have a product or service that may be of interest to you.
– To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
– For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
– With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
– To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
– If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Team RWB, our employees, customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud and other protection.
– When we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent death or imminent bodily harm or when we reasonably believe someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
Transfer of Personal Information and your right of access
If you choose to provide Us your personal information, you consent that your information may be transferred to, or processed by, any of our affiliate companies or local chapters, some of whom may be located outside of the United States or elsewhere, and where data protection laws and regulations may be different than those in your home country. If you do not provide us your personal information, or if you withdraw your consent for our use of your information, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain parts of our website or other services.
We maintain safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information along with measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification or parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe you might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
We do not use a browser’s “do not track” signals, so if your browser is sending these, we do not interact with them in any way.
Last Updated 12/07/2017